Today the world is in shambles. Upheaval; “protests”, such and such. But the worst, truly is the split down the middle of the Catholic Church. Where you have improperly Catechized Catholics making erroneous decisions on morals & politics – versus scrupulous Catholics who believe that if you are having fun, holding hands, or laughing a lot, it’s probably a sin. (Sarcasm. btw.)
What we truly need today is CLARITY! So many Catholics are ignoring what truly happened yesterday when Trump put a halt on refugees coming from a couple countries that cannot vouch for the refugees NOT being Islamic Terrorists (ISIS did say they were going to smuggle their troops into the US and other countries by the refugees!). Though, President Trump is only applying a Law that OBAMA passed, and … beep beep boop…. there is just so much to be said about all of this. But my point is, that Catholics are following the USCCB who are unfortunately only taking half of the story and pouring out the tearful, “LOVE ALL NEIGHBORS! CHRIST LOVES THE REFUGEES! LET THEM IN!” Ect.
We need to be truly informed and the FACTS, and make clear-cut, common-sense, Catholic decisions.
So, what I am trying to say is that we need more Catholics who are like this…. who follow the Magisterium of the Catholic Church, who know their facts and check their sources, and who are not afraid of speaking the truth. Who speak plainly, and simply on how we must address issues, and so on. Fortunately, this isn’t impossible to find; just a bit difficult. I will list below the Catholics that I believe to fit this criteria of much-need Common-sense-Catholicism. But first I want to share a few tidbits from this FANTASTIC article that I came across today, which led me to write this blog post. It is by the Catholic Gentleman and it is titled, “THE WAY OF PEACE: FINDING REST IN AN ANXIOUS WORLD”.
Reading through it makes one feel very at peace; because the writer is not biased, nor uneducated in the matters at hand. They take the Catholic approach; and say what needs to be said. We need more of this today..
In the article, The Catholic Gentleman states, “The upheavals of the world are not random. They are simply a reflection of the emptiness and futile strivings of our own hearts”
“Dwell on what is good and holy. Read and watch and consume what will elevate your mind and fill your heart with peace, for you will become what you gaze upon.” (I love this!)
Please take a look at it and read it in its entirety. I can assure you that it is a great read!
List of Common-Sense-Middle-Ground Catholics!
So far these guys are the best in Catholic media & organizations.
- The Church Militant – I can’t even express my thankfulness for these guys and their apostolate! “MISSION: Under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Michael the Archangel, the mission of ChurchMilitant.com is to promote the faith given to humanity by Jesus Christ, the Son of God and the Messiah. This faith is the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church led by the successor to St. Peter, Pope Francis. ChurchMilitant.com aims to provide everyone with means to increase their personal holiness through catechesis and evangelization about the truth of the Christian faith. We aim to convert non-Catholics to the faith founded personally by Jesus Christ, and strengthen the faith of existing Catholics. ChurchMilitant.com aims to achieve this by bringing Jesus Christ to the internet through the use of digital media.”
- The Catholic Gentleman – “More than ever, the Church needs men. Sadly, many Catholic men have believed the lie that being holy isn’t manly, and that the faith is boring. They leave religion to women and children and simply tune out. But holiness is for men. There is nothing more difficult, rewarding, or manly than becoming a saint. The spiritual life is full of combat, struggle, hardship, and adventure. It requires blood, sweat, tears, perseverance, and courage. It isn’t for the faint of heart. Catholic men are called to leave mediocrity behind and to strive for greatness. The Catholic Gentleman exists to inspire men to holiness—to love God, to serve others, and to deny self. And to do it all with class and classic manly flair.“
- Father Z – “This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
- Rita Davidson – “Are you are tired of the mundane Catholic literature out there for children? Are you are seeking rich, spiritual books to enrich your weary soul? Do you want safe material to use in your homeschooling? Are you are looking for unique resources to educate yourself about the faith? Are you are looking for traditional Catholic modesty resources? Are you tired of weeding through the lies and confusion about modesty? Are you looking for answers to your many questions about the faith? Do you want to support a traditional Catholic family with your purchases? If you answered Yes, to even half these questions, you are in the right place.”
- The Marian Catechist – “Catholic evangelist, videographer, and religious commentator, faithful to the Magisterium and waging war against the powers of hell. I endeavor to present the authentic teachings of the One True Church with clarity and charity. Under the special patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mother of God, whose servant I am, I seek to fulfill my Christian duty in laboring to build up the Mystical Body of the Christ here on earth, that all may one day partake of eternal beatitude in Heaven. Ad Jesum per Mariam!“
- Gabriel Castillo / TrueFaith.tv – “Spreading the True Faith of Jesus Christ and His Church using video, images, quotes, and more. A special emphasis is placed on holiness of life”
- Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary – “Being a Slave of Mary means giving all that we are, all that we have, and all that we do “To Jesus Through Mary. The many apostolates of Slaves of the Immaculate Heart are all evangelization based, spreading a love and knowledge of Jesus and Mary in the spirit of St Louis Marie de Montfort’s True Devotion. While IHM School, located on the monastery grounds, educates 125 students and takes a large focus of the community, it is only one of our works. “From the Housetops,” a spiritual magazine featuring the lives of the Saints, is our major tool of evangelizing. It is distributed through the mail and by hand, person to person, in a street ministry. Mancipia Press, the full-scale printing shop with a four-color press, and state-of-the-art equipment is owned and operated by the Brothers who print the magazines and books. Montfort Retreat, a 200-acre facility in New Hampshire, where our summer camp programs are held is owned and maintained by the community. There the Sisters direct and operate three weeks of “Morning Star” camp for girls and the Brothers, two weeks of “Montfort” camp for boys. Youth retreats and days of recollection are also held there. The Sister make Altar breads and embroidered fabric art for sacred vessels and evangelization products. An online gift shop along with one at the monastery offer beautiful art pieces and sacramentals for devotions. “True Devotion to Mary” is also spread through lectures, and the Consecration Manual. A ring designed exclusively as a symbol of this consecration has been created and distributed by the Sister, along with a chain of holy slavery bracelet. This is only a short list of what the community does. But it’s not really what they do, but for whom they do it! Even the smallest action is part of the apostolate as the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart do ALL for Jesus through Mary.”
- Cardinal Burke – “Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke (born June 30, 1948) is an American cardinal prelate of the Roman Catholic Church. He serves as the patron of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta and his previous position was Cardinal Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura, which he held until November 2014″
- Cardinal Robert Sarah
- Bishop Athanasius Schneider
- Juventutum – “The Fœderatio Internationalis Juventutem is a Catholic network fostering the sanctification of the youths worldwide according to the Roman traditions of the Church. We wish to contribute to the sanctification of the members of Juventutem and of any youths who are our contemporaries.“
- Lepanto Institute – “The Lepanto Institute for the Restoration of All Things in Christ is a research and education organization dedicated to the defense of the Catholic Church against assaults from without as well as from within….”
- Tradition, Family, Property – “The American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property (TFP) is an organization of lay Catholic Americans concerned about the moral crisis shaking the remnants of Christian civilization. Its earliest origins date back to January 1971, when the first TFP members started to group around the publication Crusade for a Christian Civilization. Today, with over 120,000 active members, volunteers and donors, the TFP is on the front lines of the Culture War, peacefully defending the values of tradition, family and private ownership.“
- Zachary King – “After 26 years of involvement with the occult, Zachary has become a warrior for Jesus Christ and wants to share his knowledge for the protection of God’s people. Zachary’s testimony is an inspiration that proves how great God’s mercy & forgiveness truly are and above all shows the depth of His love for us.”
- FSSP – “Using the ancient liturgy as our well-spring, we form our priests in the traditions of the Church to serve at the altar and in the parish so that the fullness of Christ might enter the emptiness of the world.”
- Corpus Christi Watershed – “Corpus Christi Watershed is a 501(c)3 public charity dedicated to exploring and embodying as our calling the relationship of religion, culture, and the arts. This non-profit organization employs the creative media in service of theology, the Church, and Christian culture for the enrichment and enjoyment of the public.”
- Fish Eaters – “The purpose of this site is to bring souls to the one, holy, Catholic, and apostolic Church — the Church headed by Christ and built on the rock of St. Peter, the Church against which the gates of Hell will never prevail. Fish Eaters strives to do this by showing Protestants the errors of Protestantism and by teaching Catholics to recognize what is and isn’t Catholic. Fish Eaters wishes to inspire Catholics to do all in their power:to fight to preserve the traditional Mass and all the other traditional Sacramental ritesto learn, teach, and guard every last drop of the Faith in the same way that Catholics have learned, taught, and guarded it for two millenniato practice traditional devotions and popular customs that have always served to build strong Catholic families and communities, and to keep us all close to ChristFurther, the site has as its purpose teaching Catholics how to practice Catholicism in the traditional way. The For Catholics section focuses on the whys of traditional Catholicism; the Being Catholic section teaches the hows. This site’s instructions are based on the 1962 calendar and Missal used by most traditional priestly fraternities, such as the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter. This site itself avoids debate between priestly fraternities with regard to the wisdom (or lack thereof) of worshipping outside ordinary diocesan structures, leaving such topics to the discussion forum where all — Catholic or non-Catholic — who respect the rules of the forum, and who can respect each other, are welcome.Though traditional Catholicism is less a “movement” than a “staying where you are,” I strive to make this site what “The Revealer,” a publication of the New York University Department of Journalism and New York University’s Center for Religion and Media, says it is: “an excellent introduction to the ‘traditionalist’ Catholic movement.” And I want for FishEaters to live up to how I’m honored to have had Charles A. Coulombe describe it — as a “[t]ruly amazing site — encyclopedic, witty, and traditional, all done by an Italian-American housewife with a particular eye to the Church Year. Hours of fun!”
- New Liturgical Movment – Why a new liturgical movement?In 1997, Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (later Pope Benedict XVI) published a volume under the title Milestones: Memoirs 1927 – 1977. In it he wrote:
There is no doubt that this new missal [after Vatican II] in many respects brought with it a real improvement and enrichment; but setting it as a new construction over against what had grown historically, forbidding the results of this historical growth, thereby makes the liturgy appear to be no longer a living development but the product of erudite work and juridical authority; this has caused us enormous harm. For then the impression had to emerge that liturgy is something ‘made’, not something given in advance but something lying within our own power of decision. From this it also follows that we are not to recognize the scholars and the central authority alone as decision makers, but that in the end each and every ‘community’ must provide itself with its own liturgy. When liturgy is self-made, however, then it can no longer give us what its proper gift should be: the encounter with the mystery that is not our own product but rather our origin and the source of our life. A renewal of liturgical awareness, a liturgical reconciliation that again recognizes the unity of the history of the liturgy and that understands Vatican II, not as a breach, but as a stage of development: these things are urgently needed for the life of the Church.I am convinced that the crisis in the Church that we are experiencing today is to a large extent due to the disintegration of the liturgy, which at times has even come to be conceived of etsi Deus non daretur, in that it is a matter of indifference whether or not God exists and whether or not he speaks to us and hears us. But when the community of faith, the worldwide unity of the Church and her history, and the mystery of the living Christ are no longer visible in the liturgy, where else, then, is the Church to become visible in her spiritual essence? Then the community is celebrating only itself, an activity that is utterly fruitless. And because the ecclesial community cannot have its origin from itself but emerges as a unity only from the Lord, through faith, such circumstances will inexorably result in a disintegration into sectarian parties of all kinds – partisan opposition within a Church tearing herself apart.This is why we need a new Liturgical Movement, which will call to life the real heritage of the Second Vatican Council.
- Finer Feminity
By Catholic Wife of (over) 30 years, mother of 11 children and 23 (and growing) grandchildren!
“Let us work towards being “old-fashioned” not archaic, prudent, not prudish and thoroughly and fully joyful, traditional, feminine Catholic women!”
“In many ways, Our Catholic Church, our society and our families have lost this sense, this reverence. We need to get back to where our families are once again venerating Our Lord in the Holy Eucharist, where the liturgy is lived inside the home, where couples are reverencing each other, children are respecting their parents…and women are cherishing and realizing their incredible role in bringing this “Sense of the Sacred” back to our homes!
This blog is like an “online magazine” where articles are shared from, mostly, guest writers that have long since gone to their eternal home….Writers who have paved the way and shared, in their books, how we, too, can have success in that very important role of wife and mother.”
“Promoting the Traditional Latin Mass as sanctioned by Summorum Pontificum”
The website is a bit archaic in its design but it is worth its weight in GOLD with information! You can also order a bunch of NEAT freebies!
“We are a small family apostolate located in the Chicago area, dedicated to finding and republishing out-of-print classics of Catholic literature. Our special focus is the work of Mother Mary Loyola, but we also feature the work of many other well-beloved Catholic authors of yesteryear. Though we started out by offering photographic reprints of these older books, most of our titles have now been completely retypeset. ”
B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. Crusade for Priests & apostolate! I ordered some freebies of theirs and am happily “addicted” to praying for priests, especially on Thursday and am a proud Spiritual Momma of a priest!
“Opus Sanctorum Angelorum, the Work of the Holy Angels, is an international movement within the Catholic Church faithful to the Magisterium. It is ordered to promoting devotion to the holy angels and a covenant bond with them through a consecration approved by the Church, so that the holy angels may lead us more effectively to God. The Work is under the overall direction of the Order of Canons Regular of the Holy Cross, under which has also been erected the Confraternity of the Holy Guardian Angels. The Sisters of the Holy Cross is aggregated to the Order and, though autonomous, forms with it one spiritual family.”
RomanCatholicMan.com is a website with everything needed to inspire and train men who seek the Lord with all their heart, mind, soul and strength. Launched on Ash Wednesday 2015, this is a site for Roman Catholic Men by Roman Catholic Men. It is designed to aid those of us in the trenches of the Church Militant to understand and train for our role in the mission of combatting evil and rescuing the souls of our loved ones who have lost the precious gift of faith.
And so the purpose of this website is to find the courageous faithful in the trenches of the Church Militant who seek the basic training that is vital for awakening faith, battling evil and rescuing souls. Yes, we are being called upon to fight the mother of all wars against powerful evil spirits in the heavenly realm, but we are sure to meet our demise unless we discover these battles cannot be won without first acquiring God’s strength and mighty power:
“Draw your strength from the Lord and His mighty power. Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil. Our battle is not against human forces but against the principalities and powers, the rulers of this world of darkness, the evil spirits in regions above. You must put on the armor of God if you are to resist on the evil day; do all that your duty requires, and hold your ground” (Eph 6:10-12).
This website is dedicated to the defense of the orthodox Catholic faith as well as a promotion of serious academic thought in the areas of Catholic theology and philosophy. One of the tragedies of modern Catholic thought is that it lacks the depth given by previous generations of the same issues. It is for this reason that this website was started, i.e. to aid the Church in recapturing the intellectual rigor it once had. The heresy of modernism has begun affecting the members of the Church by making them content with a superficial approach to and an explanation of their religion. One of the ways to combat this problem in the Church is to promote studies that draw the students into the depth and richness which Catholic thought can provide. However, none of that is possible without a deep sense of our indebtedness to tradition as well as a strong developed sense of the value of those traditions.
A website for Catholic Theology, Tradition, and Opposition to an insane world.
A collection of Catholic homilies, apologetic videos, & other resources to grow in the One True Faith
Established in 2001, Tumblar House was initially created to bring the writings of William L. Biersach to the public. Tumblar House is named after a special group of characters in the Father Baptist series known as the Knights Tumblar who embody the core values and beliefs of our organization. The name “Tumblar” is an amalgamation of the words “Templar” (as in the Knights Templar) and “tumbler” (as in the type of drinking glass). This represents the dichotomy of the group’s lifestyle. On the one hand, they embody a new age of chivalry with their formal wear, defense of the Faith, and class. On the other hand, they love food, drink, and merriment in general, especially during feast days. In their own way, they show that the life entrusted to us by Christ should be enjoyed and celebrated. Our website can be found at http://www.tumblarhouse.com Tumblar House is dedicated to creating “glad trads”, not “mad trads”. Full episodes of Off the Menu are posted every Monday.
The Fathers of Mercy is a Roman Catholic Congregation of Priests whose primary Apostolate is preaching parish missions and retreats, with an emphasis on the Sacraments of the Holy Eucharist and Confession.
The Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest is a Society of Apostolic Life of Pontifical Right whose goal is the honor of God and the sanctification of priests in the service of the Church and souls. Its specific aim is missionary: to spread the reign of our Lord Jesus Christ in all spheres of human life.
I will keep adding to this list so check back every so often!
Until next time, God bless and keep it Traditional!