Tis the end of the world. The end of all things. The Catholic Church is done for. It seems that no two Bishops / Cardinals agree on anything theological, and don’t even get me started on Pope Francis!
Yes. There is a point to this mindless drivel.
My point is to tell ya’ll that THE END IS NOT NEAR! Well, may it is but… alright let me start over..
My point is to tell ya’ll that …. even if some Clergy deem themselves smarter than the Catholic Church, its 2,000 years of Tradition, God’s commandments & Church Teaching… it has nothing to do with us.
Yes, we are obliged to pray for these prelates, stand firm in the truth, speak up, and be as Catholic as we can possibly be – but my point is that we don’t have to worry that this means that the Catholic Church is changing. We don’t have to worry that this means that all is lost. We don’t have to worry. Period.
The Catholic Church cannot change. Jesus Christ promised that the “gates of hell shall not prevail against” the Church – so why must we be afraid that all hope is lost whenever a Liberal Clergyman struts his stuff and proclaims that Church Teaching has changed. It hasn’t.
Why must we be afraid of the sinners in the Church, just because they have the biggest mouths? We KNOW what the Church Teaches – and we KNOW it cannot ever change.
So, my dear friend, stop thinking that there is now “Nowhere to turn. No clergyman to trust. No hope.”
- We are always able to turn to Christ. And He will never let us down. Even in the “darkness of the soul” that some saints go through, He sends the grace to be able to persevere and get through it! Look to Our Lady! She is there to help us!
- If we ourselves are well rounded in the faith, and well-educated in it, we will not have a hard time being able to pick out the bad apples in the Priesthood. THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE TO GO SEARCHING ABOUT FOR DISSENTING PRIESTS! THIS DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE TO JUDGE OR GOSSIP ABOUT ANY PRIEST! This means we hold fast to what is good, faithful and true… and…. wait isn’t there a Bible Quote that says something like this? Anyway – this means that we are to pray for guidance, to be prudent in our decisions and actions… for we are sometimes called, as the Church Militant, to defend the faith. Even to a priest who is preaching error…
Found the verse:
Good ole Saint Paul – Thess. Chapter 2
The day of the Lord is not to come till the man of sin be revealed. The apostle’s traditions are to be observed.
 That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity.  But we ought to give thanks to God always for you, brethren, beloved of God, for that God hath chosen you firstfruits unto salvation, in sanctification of the spirit, and faith of the truth:  Whereunto also he hath called you by our gospel, unto the purchasing of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle.  Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God and our Father, who hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation, and good hope in grace,
 Exhort your hearts, and confirm you in every good work and word.
Ah… isn’t that a nice breath of fresh air? Saint Paul reminds us to “stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle. Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God and our Father, who hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation, and good hope in grace..”
This cannot be a more perfect verse for anyone feeling without hope today in witnessing the scandals in the Church today made by the Clergy.
So now what? Well? LEARN THE FAITH! Learn it inside & out. Learn the Traditions & Teachings of the Church. Read PRE Vatican II books/etc concerning the Faith. These are the juiciest, & best ones. They will not have the taint of Liberal Catholicism that unfortunately most post- Vatican II Faith-Based works have…
Be loyal to the Church of Christ & her Traditions & Teachings. Pray unceasingly. Read the Bible! Support the GOOD clergy ! For they must suffer so much because of their brothers. And remember, we do not need to know every detail of the scandals committed in the Church today to be able to do something about it.
- Do penance.
- Read good holy books.
- Educate yourself – immerse yourself in Catholicism – REAL Catholicism. Post AND Pre Vatican II Catholicism!
- Know when its time to SAY something.
- Be prudent.
- Support the Holy Clergy.
- Pray for the bad ones.
- Be very careful not to commit the sin of Gossip or Detraction!
- Be on the lookout for Catholics who are also middle ground-common sense Catholics. Such as http://www.ChurchMilitant.com and others.
- Don’t just listen to ME! Go read what the Church has said about times like this!
Here is a list of Faithful, Catholic, sources to get you started!
- The Church Militant – I can’t even express my thankfulness for these guys and their apostolate! “MISSION: Under the patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mary and St. Michael the Archangel, the mission of ChurchMilitant.com is to promote the faith given to humanity by Jesus Christ, the Son of God and the Messiah. This faith is the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church led by the successor to St. Peter, Pope Francis. ChurchMilitant.com aims to provide everyone with means to increase their personal holiness through catechesis and evangelization about the truth of the Christian faith. We aim to convert non-Catholics to the faith founded personally by Jesus Christ, and strengthen the faith of existing Catholics. ChurchMilitant.com aims to achieve this by bringing Jesus Christ to the internet through the use of digital media.”
- The Catholic Gentleman – “More than ever, the Church needs men. Sadly, many Catholic men have believed the lie that being holy isn’t manly, and that the faith is boring. They leave religion to women and children and simply tune out. But holiness is for men. There is nothing more difficult, rewarding, or manly than becoming a saint. The spiritual life is full of combat, struggle, hardship, and adventure. It requires blood, sweat, tears, perseverance, and courage. It isn’t for the faint of heart. Catholic men are called to leave mediocrity behind and to strive for greatness. The Catholic Gentleman exists to inspire men to holiness—to love God, to serve others, and to deny self. And to do it all with class and classic manly flair.“
- Father Z – “This blog is like a fusion of the Baroque ‘salon’ with its well-tuned harpsichord around which polite society gathered for entertainment and edification and, on the other hand, a Wild West “saloon” with its out-of-tune piano and swinging doors, where everyone has a gun and something to say. Nevertheless, we try to point our discussions back to what it is to be Catholic in this increasingly difficult age, to love God, and how to get to heaven.” – Fr. Z
- Rita Davidson – “Are you are tired of the mundane Catholic literature out there for children? Are you are seeking rich, spiritual books to enrich your weary soul? Do you want safe material to use in your homeschooling? Are you are looking for unique resources to educate yourself about the faith? Are you are looking for traditional Catholic modesty resources? Are you tired of weeding through the lies and confusion about modesty? Are you looking for answers to your many questions about the faith? Do you want to support a traditional Catholic family with your purchases? If you answered Yes, to even half these questions, you are in the right place.”
- The Marian Catechist – “Catholic evangelist, videographer, and religious commentator, faithful to the Magisterium and waging war against the powers of hell. I endeavor to present the authentic teachings of the One True Church with clarity and charity. Under the special patronage of the Blessed Virgin Mother of God, whose servant I am, I seek to fulfill my Christian duty in laboring to build up the Mystical Body of the Christ here on earth, that all may one day partake of eternal beatitude in Heaven. Ad Jesum per Mariam!“
- Gabriel Castillo / TrueFaith.tv – “Spreading the True Faith of Jesus Christ and His Church using video, images, quotes, and more. A special emphasis is placed on holiness of life”
- Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary – “Being a Slave of Mary means giving all that we are, all that we have, and all that we do “To Jesus Through Mary. The many apostolates of Slaves of the Immaculate Heart are all evangelization based, spreading a love and knowledge of Jesus and Mary in the spirit of St Louis Marie de Montfort’s True Devotion. While IHM School, located on the monastery grounds, educates 125 students and takes a large focus of the community, it is only one of our works. “From the Housetops,” a spiritual magazine featuring the lives of the Saints, is our major tool of evangelizing. It is distributed through the mail and by hand, person to person, in a street ministry. Mancipia Press, the full-scale printing shop with a four-color press, and state-of-the-art equipment is owned and operated by the Brothers who print the magazines and books. Montfort Retreat, a 200-acre facility in New Hampshire, where our summer camp programs are held is owned and maintained by the community. There the Sisters direct and operate three weeks of “Morning Star” camp for girls and the Brothers, two weeks of “Montfort” camp for boys. Youth retreats and days of recollection are also held there. The Sister make Altar breads and embroidered fabric art for sacred vessels and evangelization products. An online gift shop along with one at the monastery offer beautiful art pieces and sacramentals for devotions. “True Devotion to Mary” is also spread through lectures, and the Consecration Manual. A ring designed exclusively as a symbol of this consecration has been created and distributed by the Sister, along with a chain of holy slavery bracelet. This is only a short list of what the community does. But it’s not really what they do, but for whom they do it! Even the smallest action is part of the apostolate as the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart do ALL for Jesus through Mary.”
- Cardinal Burke – “Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke (born June 30, 1948) is an American cardinal prelate of the Roman Catholic Church. He serves as the patron of the Sovereign Military Order of Malta and his previous position was Cardinal Prefect of the Supreme Tribunal of the Apostolic Signatura, which he held until November 2014″
- Cardinal Robert Sarah
- Bishop Athanasius Schneider
- Juventutum – “The Fœderatio Internationalis Juventutem is a Catholic network fostering the sanctification of the youths worldwide according to the Roman traditions of the Church. We wish to contribute to the sanctification of the members of Juventutem and of any youths who are our contemporaries.“
- Lepanto Institute – “The Lepanto Institute for the Restoration of All Things in Christ is a research and education organization dedicated to the defense of the Catholic Church against assaults from without as well as from within….”
- Tradition, Family, Property – “The American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property (TFP) is an organization of lay Catholic Americans concerned about the moral crisis shaking the remnants of Christian civilization. Its earliest origins date back to January 1971, when the first TFP members started to group around the publication Crusade for a Christian Civilization. Today, with over 120,000 active members, volunteers and donors, the TFP is on the front lines of the Culture War, peacefully defending the values of tradition, family and private ownership.“
- Zachary King – “After 26 years of involvement with the occult, Zachary has become a warrior for Jesus Christ and wants to share his knowledge for the protection of God’s people. Zachary’s testimony is an inspiration that proves how great God’s mercy & forgiveness truly are and above all shows the depth of His love for us.”
- FSSP – “Using the ancient liturgy as our well-spring, we form our priests in the traditions of the Church to serve at the altar and in the parish so that the fullness of Christ might enter the emptiness of the world.”
- Corpus Christi Watershed – “Corpus Christi Watershed is a 501(c)3 public charity dedicated to exploring and embodying as our calling the relationship of religion, culture, and the arts. This non-profit organization employs the creative media in service of theology, the Church, and Christian culture for the enrichment and enjoyment of the public.”
- Fish Eaters – “The purpose of this site is to bring souls to the one, holy, Catholic, and apostolic Church — the Church headed by Christ and built on the rock of St. Peter, the Church against which the gates of Hell will never prevail. Fish Eaters strives to do this by showing Protestants the errors of Protestantism and by teaching Catholics to recognize what is and isn’t Catholic. Fish Eaters wishes to inspire Catholics to do all in their power:to fight to preserve the traditional Mass and all the other traditional Sacramental ritesto learn, teach, and guard every last drop of the Faith in the same way that Catholics have learned, taught, and guarded it for two millenniato practice traditional devotions and popular customs that have always served to build strong Catholic families and communities, and to keep us all close to ChristFurther, the site has as its purpose teaching Catholics how to practice Catholicism in the traditional way. The For Catholics section focuses on the whys of traditional Catholicism; the Being Catholic section teaches the hows. This site’s instructions are based on the 1962 calendar and Missal used by most traditional priestly fraternities, such as the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter. This site itself avoids debate between priestly fraternities with regard to the wisdom (or lack thereof) of worshipping outside ordinary diocesan structures, leaving such topics to the discussion forum where all — Catholic or non-Catholic — who respect the rules of the forum, and who can respect each other, are welcome.Though traditional Catholicism is less a “movement” than a “staying where you are,” I strive to make this site what “The Revealer,” a publication of the New York University Department of Journalism and New York University’s Center for Religion and Media, says it is: “an excellent introduction to the ‘traditionalist’ Catholic movement.” And I want for FishEaters to live up to how I’m honored to have had Charles A. Coulombe describe it — as a “[t]ruly amazing site — encyclopedic, witty, and traditional, all done by an Italian-American housewife with a particular eye to the Church Year. Hours of fun!”
- Nineveh 90 /Father Richard Heilman– Inspired by the excellent program, “Exodus 90,” and all of the research that reveals it takes 90 days to replace bad habits (even addictions) with good habits, I am calling upon all of us to enter into a 90 day period of humility and transformation I call “Nineveh 90,” leading up to the 100th Anniversary of Our Lady of Fatima on May 13, 2017.Nineveh 90 is all about freedom. The goal is to achieve the freedom necessary to fully engage the love of God and the love of neighbor. Nineveh 90 is based on a challenging 90-day period of purification, a dying to self, which is supported by fellow soldiers in Christ for greater interior freedom and, eventually, a more purified and selfless love.
- New Liturgical Movment – Why a new liturgical movement?In 1997, Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger (later Pope Benedict XVI) published a volume under the title Milestones: Memoirs 1927 – 1977. In it he wrote:
There is no doubt that this new missal [after Vatican II] in many respects brought with it a real improvement and enrichment; but setting it as a new construction over against what had grown historically, forbidding the results of this historical growth, thereby makes the liturgy appear to be no longer a living development but the product of erudite work and juridical authority; this has caused us enormous harm. For then the impression had to emerge that liturgy is something ‘made’, not something given in advance but something lying within our own power of decision. From this it also follows that we are not to recognize the scholars and the central authority alone as decision makers, but that in the end each and every ‘community’ must provide itself with its own liturgy. When liturgy is self-made, however, then it can no longer give us what its proper gift should be: the encounter with the mystery that is not our own product but rather our origin and the source of our life. A renewal of liturgical awareness, a liturgical reconciliation that again recognizes the unity of the history of the liturgy and that understands Vatican II, not as a breach, but as a stage of development: these things are urgently needed for the life of the Church.I am convinced that the crisis in the Church that we are experiencing today is to a large extent due to the disintegration of the liturgy, which at times has even come to be conceived of etsi Deus non daretur, in that it is a matter of indifference whether or not God exists and whether or not he speaks to us and hears us. But when the community of faith, the worldwide unity of the Church and her history, and the mystery of the living Christ are no longer visible in the liturgy, where else, then, is the Church to become visible in her spiritual essence? Then the community is celebrating only itself, an activity that is utterly fruitless. And because the ecclesial community cannot have its origin from itself but emerges as a unity only from the Lord, through faith, such circumstances will inexorably result in a disintegration into sectarian parties of all kinds – partisan opposition within a Church tearing herself apart.This is why we need a new Liturgical Movement, which will call to life the real heritage of the Second Vatican Council.
- AmericanPapist /THOMAS PETERS
Thomas Peters, 31, grew up in Southern California and attended college in Michigan. He has two graduate degrees in theology. He began his award-winning American Papist blog in 2006, which went on to become one of the most popular Catholic blogs in America. He was one of a handful of Americans invited to the Vatican’s first-ever Bloggers’ Meeting in Rome. Peters has appeared in dozens of TV, radio and online media outlets over the years discussing the intersection of Catholicism and political activism, debating topics related to life, family and religious freedom, in addition to writing and speaking about the future of social media and online organizing. Since 2010, he has served as an advisor to CatholicVote.org. He and his wife Natalie live in Washington DC. You can follow him on Twitter @AmericanPapist.
- Pewsitter – Basically just a compilation of news from all Catholic sources. – Pretty good, as they don’t seem to be biased towards Trads and promote Sturdy Catholicism.
- American Life League Co-founded in 1979 by Judie Brown and nine other dedicated pro-life Americans, ALL is the largest grassroots Catholic pro-life education organization in the United States. American Life League is a 501©(3) organization committed to the protection of all innocent human beings from the moment of creation to natural death, ALL is rooted in pro-life integrity that stands up for every innocent human being whose life is threatened by what Pope Saint John Paul II called “the culture of death.” That ranges from the single cell human embryo to the elderly, the infirm and others at risk of having their life terminated by acts of euthanasia. The pro-life position notes that neither abortion nor euthanasia can ever be medically necessary or morally permitted.
- Catholicism.orgThe Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary are a Congregation of religious brothers and sisters dedicated to a two-fold Crusade: the propagation and defense of Catholic dogma — especially extra ecclesiam nulla salus — and the conversion of America to the one, true Church. Besides the religious members, the Congregation has a Third Order comprised of mostly lay people living in the world.(See our vocations pages for the Brothers and the Sisters.)Our Crusade was begun by Father Leonard Feeney, who strove to combat the liberalizing of Catholic dogma which he saw as a major impediment to the conversion of America. The choice of the word “Crusade” to describe our mission is no accident. “The life of man upon earth is a warfare” declared Holy Job (Job 7:1). St. Paul admonishes us to arm ourselves with spiritual weapons to fight the enemies of our souls (Eph. 6:11-17). While every Catholic is called upon to fight the world, the flesh, and the devil, our battle also engages them specifically in the forces of the Revolution 1 ,many of which have entered the very precincts of the Church.
Our methods are threefold: personal sanctification, education, and works of the apostolate….
We are dedicated not only to the Deposit of Faith in its integrity and to sound Catholic morals, but also to the western liturgical patrimony of the Church as we have it in the traditional Roman Rite Mass (the “Extraordinary Form”) and the other sacramental rites associated with it.
- OnePeterFive – Not perfect (but who is?). A little too damning when speaking about the Pope in my personal opinion, and way too damning when it comes to the Church Militant.com crowd. But, if you can squeak by these two annoyances, they are excellent. 🙂 OnePeterFive exists as a place to begin rebuilding the Catholic ethos. We’re not just here to zero in on the problems, but to offer concrete solutions. We want to restore Catholic culture, rebuild the Church as a patron of the arts, reinvigorate the family and the traditions that keep it strong, reform the liturgy, support vocations, dust off the old devotions and make them relevant again. We want to help infuse the world with beautiful music, inspiring art, families that pray together, parishes centered around the Eucharist, strong communities, and a new generation of Catholics who can effectively bring the Gospel message to a world hostile to that message.Our writers come from diverse backgrounds, but share a common goal: to work together to restore the beauty, majesty, and glory of the Catholic Church as the principal force for good in a fallen world.
- ContemporaryTrad – New Catholic Blogger. I know this one is good because I know them personally 🙂
Welcome to The Contemporary Traditionalist blogThis is a blog dedicated to the promotion of Tradition throughout the world.We believe that every country and ethnic group should maintain the traditions that were passed down to them so long as they do not oppose the GospelsWe are Catholic and thus pro Catholic. We believe that the Catholic Church promotes and cultivates a country’s/ethnic groups’ good traditions and customs while suppressing the evil customs and traditions that grow in a fallen world i.e. human sacrifice, honor suicide etc. We believe every human being must convert to Catholicism so that he might save his Soul.We believe that the Family is the foundation of society. We reject all attempts to define the Family as anything besides Father, Mother and Children.We believe Monarchism to be the best political system.We believe the economic system of Distributism to be the better economic system because of its emphasis on the family as opposed to the individual.We believe in superiority of religious and moral beliefs yet not in racial or ethnic superiority.We most especially reject the Liberal-Socialist-Modernist mindset of today.
- Michael Pearson/Pearson Podcasts -Matthew Pearson has spent nearly five years working on a variety of multimedia projects including video production, journalism, graphic design and marketing.Matthew is currently in seminary formation for the diocese of Madison, Wisconsin. He is attending St. Andrew’s College Seminary on the campus of Seton Hall University.To assist Matthew with seminary expenses please click here.
- Fr Jay Finelli / iPadre
About Fr. Jay Finelli
Father Jay Finelli is a priest of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Providence in the state of Rhode Island. He is a webmaster, podcaster, and blogger. In his free time, Father is an avid Live Steam enthusiast.
- Theresa Tomeo – Although EWTN is not my favorite Catholic Radio / Media / Website, Theresa Tomeo is cool. Not as Trad as most of these other sources but she is a good-hearted Italian Catholic with a lot of backbone when it comes to the Pro Life cause. Out of all the people I’ve heard talk on EWTN and been disappointed by them in one way or another , Theresa has yet to disappoint.
- Father John Corapi – Yes, THAT Fr. Corapi. He has returned to the Church yet again, and though, not speaking anymore as of yet, his earlier talks are on point and excellent for any Catholic. THIS Facebook page promotes his written and spoken teachings of the Doctrine and Orthodoxy of the One,True, Catholic and Apostolic Church.
- The Catholic Knight – Catholic Knight: Greetings interwebs! I’m sure many of you know me from Twitter as Catholic Knight with incredibly long hashtags and being 90% of the fan club for Saint Augustine. I’m going to be a sophomore in college and am studying chemistry in hopes of becoming a doctor of medicine in the US Navy! In my free time, I enjoy martial arts, archery, making rosaries, hanging out with my friends, and blasting my favorite music where ever I am. Fun fact about me: I am absolutely obsessed with tea. I’m always here on Twitter if you want to reach out to me for corrections of things I post! — 20 | Catholic| Saint Michael| Saint Augustine| Spreading the Gospel | He that increaseth his knowledge increaseth his sorrow
- Sensus Fideluim – A collection of Catholic homilies, apologetic videos, & other resources to grow in the One True Faith.
- Unam Sanctam Catholicam – Excellent Catholic Blog.
- The Eponymous Flower – – This is a polemical Catholic Royalist blog. It will also attempt to provide a window onto various events, situations and personalities not generally or favorably presented to the purview of the general public in the English speaking world. It also hopes to be a bridge for those who wish to cross over, unite and fight for the truth.
This isn’t a complete list.. there are many more out there but… I’m sure this is a good bunch for now.
Until next time, God bless & Keep It Trad!